Hope you are all doing well. Just wanted to give everyone some updates. We expect to hear from the county this week to confirm the return to play timelines.
As we wait on confirmation and guidance from the County, we are pushing back our Rec evaluations to the week of August 31st – September 6th. We are looking at ways to properly hold these tryouts while maintaining the social distancing standards currently in place. We will continue with registration, which at this time will be more like a declaration of intent. Here is what you can expect when you register:
- We are using the waitlist functionality of the SportsSignUp system for registration. You can register by going to http://fishhawk.website.sportssignup.com/ and clicking on the registration link at the top of the page.
- We will continue to not collect fees at this time.
- When you register you will see this message: “Registration for the selected Subdivision is full. If you continue, your spot in the waiting list will be saved, and you will be notified by email if there is room, and you are accepted.”
- Continue with the registration and your player will be placed on a waitlist.
- Once we have word from the county on a return to games date, players will receive a notice to complete their registration. You will get an email from Fishhawk Baseball that will indicate your child(ren)’s registration has been moved from the waiting list to the shopping cart. You will need to login into your account to finish the checkout process.
- IF you played with us in the Spring AND requested an account credit, it will be automatically applied when you checkout.
- We also plan on having Advanced Baseball level teams, so please ensure you consider your child for that as well, as those evaluations will be held August 24th – 28th.
- For more information about Advanced Baseball http://www.fishhawkyouthbaseball.org/advanced-baseball/
KEY DATES (Updated)
- AB and Rec Manager Sign up Date has been moved to August 17th
- AB Evaluations will remain August 24th – 28th
- Rec Evaluations have been moved to August 31st – September 6th
A couple of caveats:
- We anticipate playing a full season, with potential modifications due to Covid-19 regulations delivered by the County.
- We expect there may be a few new restrictions put in place to help us limit crowding in the park, including other temperature checks, mask wear, etc.
- Participants will be required to sign additional waivers and release of liability before your player steps on the field.
- Please note that your safety is of the greatest importance to us and we will follow all local, state, and federal guidelines put in place to allow us to play baseball.
- Fall will be treated as the normal season. This means the birthdate table advances and players will be matched to the appropriate division for their age group that will also apply to Spring 2021. We will allow for limited play-down/ups as approved by the division director and managers. When you complete the waitlist registration please select the division that comes up.
Registration can be found at http://fishhawk.website.sportssignup.com/ . Coaches and volunteers are able to register as normal.
We encourage everyone who wishes to participate to sign up now so we can plan our evaluations with an accurate number of participants due to the Covid-19 Social Distancing policies currently in place. As always our program is 100% volunteer-driven and encourages parents to volunteer for coaching and managing teams.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we work to get everyone back on the field playing baseball. For questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post on our FB page for a quick answer: www.Facebook.com/FishhawkYouthBaseball.